A World of TLC (Technology and Loving Care)
Pediatric patients have different medical and emotional needs than their older family members. At SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Madison our staff is experienced in providing specialized health care and emotional comfort for newborns through teenagers.
Since 1948, SSM Health St. Mary's has been a regional referral center for this population, with the technology and expertise to accept patients from all over south-central Wisconsin. Our family-centered care goes the extra mile to make children and families feel comfortable so that healing can happen more quickly.
SSM Health Pediatrics at a Glance
- Inpatients treated in pediatrics unit annually: 1,100
- Pediatric outpatients treated annually: 500
- Pediatric unit capacity: 18 children
- Regular inpatient rooms: 16 singles and one double (available for sick siblings)
- The entire pediatric nursing staff is certified in Pediatric Advanced Life Support and is experienced in the health care of children
- Handmade Project Linus quilts and blankets distributed to pediatric patients: about 900 each year
- Number of SSM Health St. Mary's pet therapy teams available to visit patients: 25
- Movies available for in-room viewing: more than 400
Unlike some hospitals, SSM Health St. Mary's serves pediatric patients in a unit that is entirely dedicated to children, with bright, colorful décor and specialized experts who love working with kids. One of the many support services offered at SSM Health St. Mary's is the Ronald McDonald Family Room®. Learn more about this oasis inside our hospital.