The SSM Health Heart & Vascular Care program provides personal care to help patients make lifestyle changes to achieve a healthier heart. The program gives ongoing education and clinical supervision during the initial phases of recovery from a heart attack, open heart surgery, angina and heart transplantation. Cardiac rehabilitation also provides exceptional care to newly diagnosed patients experiencing cardiomyopathy, valvular heart disease or peripheral artery disease (PAD).
SSM Health Heart & Vascular Care features state-of-the-art exercise equipment, a walking track and weight training equipment. Education is a major component of the program and enrollees and their families have access to many tools to help them recover, both physically and mentally.
Our Cardiac Rehabilitation Services
- Assessment of personal risk factors for heart disease and blood vessel disease
- Personalized exercise program
- Blood pressure, cholesterol and diabetes monitoring for better control
- Emotional and stress assessments and counseling
- Weight control
- Communication about progress following cardiac event to your health care provider(s)
Phased Program Approach
How Do I Enroll?
A doctor referral or order is needed for you to come to the Phase 2 program. Check with your doctor if you think this is a program that will help you.
Our Cardiac Rehabilitation Location
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Madison
Located in the Center for Wellness on Level A