The SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Madison Psychiatric Unit provides you with many resources to help restore your emotional health. Through the use of the hospital setting, you can learn new behaviors to help you become more effective in your relationships with other people. We will be here to support you.
Our voluntary, 22-bed inpatient unit offers adults many features including:
- Treatment planning
- Treatment programs
- Group therapy helps you explore feelings and identify problems. This can help you develop insight into your own behavior and examine alternatives to your present lifestyle.
- Occupational therapy helps you develop skills through exploring activities which can become part of a daily routine. Occupational therapy staff assess your abilities and provide individual and group treatment on a daily basis.
- Medication education is provided in classes led by pharmacy and nursing staff. General information and guidelines for taking medications are provided through video tapes, printed information and discussion groups. You will be given specific information about your medications before discharge from the hospital.
- Breathing and relaxation sessions are led by nursing staff to assist you in developing relaxation techniques.
- Therapeutic recreation
- Hope and Recovery Group
- DART – Daily Activity Reinforcement Therapy
- Discharge planning
- Patients can make and receive calls between 7 am – 10 pm.
- Primary Nurse Coordinator: You will have a Primary Nurse who will work with you to plan and coordinate your care. Your Primary Nurse is the resource person for you and your family.
- Visitors: We encourage you to maintain contact with family and friends. This decision rests with you and your psychiatrist. It is best to keep your visits short and to have no more than two visitors at a time. Children under the age of 12 are to visit in designated areas only.
- Visiting Hours: Monday – Friday, 3:30 – 8 pm and Saturday & Sunday, 11 am – 8 pm
Contact SSM Health Behavioral Health at 608-258-6697. Calls made to this number can be transferred to patients during regular phone hours.