Our commitment to individual patient care begins before you arrive at the hospital. Once the decision has been made for you to be hospitalized (in a non-emergency situation), your physician will contact St. Mary's to make the necessary arrangements. Pre-admission makes it easier for you, because it allows much of the paperwork to be completed before your arrival. Pre-admission information includes insurance and financial details, as well as questions relating to your health. This information is strictly confidential. Depending on the procedure and situation, some patients are not pre-admitted.
What you will need when you are admitted:
- Individual insurance policy or group insurance card (if applicable)
- Medicare or Medicaid card (if applicable)
- Advance Directives / Living Will (if applicable)
What you will need for your comfort:
- Sleepwear, bath robe, and slippers
- Personal grooming items, such as razors, toothbrush, toothpaste, shaving cream, deodorants, combs, make-up, etc
- Magazines and books (also available in the gift shop)
- Protective containers for dentures, contact lenses, and eyeglasses
What not to bring:
- Because patient rooms cannot be locked, we ask that you please leave valuables at home.
What you should do prior to coming to the hospital:
- Notify your insurance company (refer to the customer service phone number on your insurance card)
- If you do not have health insurance to cover your stay, please call (608) 229-7600 to speak to a patient financial counselor (click here for more information on financial assistance).
- Review our patient rights and responsibilities and our Notice of Privacy Practices.