A Place to Rest and Regroup
The Ronald McDonald Family Room® at St. Mary’s Hospital is the first of its kind in Wisconsin. Located on the hospital’s 3rd floor, it serves as an oasis for families of our pediatric and NICU patients.
Supporting a child who is ill or injured, can be draining both mentally and physically. It’s important that parents rest so they can remain strong for their child. The Family Room provides a place for families to regroup and recharge without leaving the hospital.
- Living room with beautiful garden view
- Kitchen where light snacks and beverages are provided
- Quiet area for privacy and reflection
- Laundry facilities
- Computers, printers and internet access
- Short-stay sleep rooms, each with private bathroom and shower
- Volunteers to assist families as needed
There is no additional charge for these services. While you are at St. Mary’s, your child’s nurse or social worker/care manager can assist you in accessing the Family Room or reserving a sleep room. Families who live more than 50 miles from Madison also may wish to explore using the Ronald McDonald House in Madison which offers longer term accommodations.
The Family Room at St. Mary’s Hospital was made possible through generous gifts totaling $1 million from St. Mary’s Foundation Board, employees, volunteers, and other members of the community.
Back to Pediatrics Home Page